What are the festival opening times?
Thursday 4th July 2019
For Camping Only, More Info Coming Soon…
Friday 5th July 2019
- Car Park Opens – 09:00AM
- Campsite Opens – 10:00AM
- Main Arena Opens – 14:00PM
- Main Arena Closes – 04:00AM
- Last Entry to Festival – Midnight
Saturday 6th July 2019
- Car Park Opens – 09:00AM
- Main Arena Opens – 10:00AM
- Main Arena Closes – 04:00AM
- Last Entry to Festival – 6:00PM
Sunday 7th July 2019
- Car Park Opens – 09:00AM
- Main Arena Opens – 10:00AM
- Main Arena Closes – 03:00AM
- Last Entry to Festival – 6:00PM
Monday 8th July 2019
- Campsite Closes – 12:00PM
What are the age restrictions?
El Dorado Festival is an 18+ event that operates a Challenge 25 policy. You will be asked to provide evidence of your age with valid photographic ID.
- A Passport (not photocopy)
- A UK Driving License
- A Proof of Age Card bearing a PASS hologram
There is strictly no entry to those under the age of 18, and the festival will not be able to offer refunds to those refused entry on the day.
Where can I buy my tickets?
Buy your tickets here.
The Official Ticket Partners of El Dorado Festival are:
- Ticket Arena
- Resident Advisor
- Big Green Coach
- El Dorado Ambassadors
Please only purchase tickets from our Official Ticket Partners listed above and beware of unauthorised ticket agents (including ebay, gumtree etc.) to avoid disappointment. Fraudulent tickets will be cancelled on discovery and you will not be granted access to the festival.
Are local resident tickets available?
Residents living within 8 miles of the El Dorado festival site are eligible to 20% off their Weekend Camping Tickets. Please be aware these tickets are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. Please apply using the form here.
How do I get to El Dorado Festival?
El Dorado Festival takes place at Eastnor Castle Deer Park in Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1RN and is easily located by car, train or coach.
Big Green Coach are proud to be the official coach travel provider for El Dorado Festival. Forget being the designated driver, finding a parking space, or taking it easy on the last night, let Big Green Coach take the stress out of getting to the festival. Choose weekend return services from Bath, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Crawley, London (Victoria), Newport, Oxford, Reading and Swindon.
Seats start from just £25 return.
Simply book below or for more details, visit Here
Can I park at El Dorado Festival?
Yes you can! Advance Parking Passes are available at the cost of £15 per vehicle here. Please be aware Parking Passes on the door will be more expensive.
What time does the car park open?
The car park opens at 9:00AM on Friday 5th July.
Can I leave and re-enter the El Dorado Festival car park?
Once parked, vehicles will not be allowed to leave the festival and return without purchasing another parking pass.
Can I bring my camper van?
Camper vans and live in vehicles are welcome at El Dorado Festival. You will need to purchase a pass for your vehicle (max 4 occupants). Each occupant in the car, including the driver must also have a weekend camping ticket in order to enter the festival.
Can I go back to my car once I’m in the campsite?
El Dorado Festival does not allow pass outs to the car park during the festival. Once you leave the festival site, you won’t be able to get back in.
How far is it from the car park to the campsite?
The car park is a short walk to the campsite. Trolleys will be available to hire to help festival goers get between the car park and the campsite.
Is El Dorado a camping festival?
Yes! Camping is a major part of the El Dorado experience and included within the ticket price for all weekend ticket holders.
As well as the usual amenities, the campsites have camping convenience stores, a selection of yummy breakfast traders and the option to purchase hot showers and luxury toilets.
You can also upgrade your camping experience via our partners at Hotel Bell Tent, who provide a wide selection of boutique tents and facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Boutique camping options for El Dorado will be on sale soon…
What time does the campsite open and close?
The campsite opens at 10:00AM on Friday 5th July and closes at 12:00PM on Monday 8th July.
Do I have to pay extra for camping?
No, camping is included within the price of the weekend ticket.
If I have a day ticket can I camp?
Unfortunately, not. The campsites are only open to weekend ticket holders.
What size tent should I bring?
There is no restriction on tent size at El Dorado, bring something that’s big enough for your group, waterproof and comfortable. We do ask that you are considerate to other campers and don’t bring anything that’s excessively large!
Can I bring a campervan?
Campervans and live in vehicles are welcome at El Dorado Festival. Festival goers will need to purchase a pass for your vehicle in advance
Can I bring a generator?
For safety reasons, generators of any size are not permitted.
Is boutique camping available?
You can upgrade your camping experience via our partners at Hotel Bell Tent, who provide a wide selection of boutique tents and facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Coming soon…
Are there showers in the campsite?
Yes, there are hot showers and luxury toilets in the campsite available for festival goers to use across the weekend. Please bring your own towel, shampoo and shower gel. Weekend shower passes will be available to purchase in advance.
Is there a campsite shop?
Yes, there will be a convenience store and a number of food traders in the campsite for all your camping needs.
Can I light a campfire or barbecue?
For safety reasons, El Dorado does not permit campfires or barbecues in the campsite. There are lots of delicious food stalls on site to ensure you’re well fed across the weekend. Any festival goer found starting a fire will be asked to leave the festival immediately.
Will there be somewhere to charge my phone?
Yes. Phone charging stations will be available in the campsite and main arena at El Dorado. More information coming soon.
Can I bring my gazebo?
No. Gazebos are not permitted in El Dorado.
Our Litter Policy
Eastnor Castle Deer Park is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest that El Dorado would like to keep that way. We ask that all festival goers help us minimise waste and participate in our recycling initiatives across the weekend ensuring rubbish is disposed of in the ample bins provided and the land is looked after during your stay.
As below are the items not permitted in El Dorado:
- Glass – absolutely no glass is allowed on site for safety reasons
- Large stereo systems
- Illegal substances
- Legal highs
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Unauthorised film or video equipment
- Audio recorders
- Air horns
- Fireworks, flares and Chinese or sky lanterns
- Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
- Gas Canisters
- Live in vehicles – propane or butane cylinders over 7kg. No more than 1 cylinder per vehicle
- Nitrous Oxide
- Petrol Burners
- Any form of aerosol over 250ml
- Unauthorised items for trading, including any goods using unauthorised event logos
- Excessive amounts of food, cigarettes and alcohol. The following is permitted to be consumed within the campsite:
- EITHER 8 cans of beer or lager or cider OR 1 bottle of wine (decanted into a plastic bottle) per person. Strictly no spirits of hard liquor are allowed
- Please note searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with.
FOOD & DRINK
What food and drink facilities will be available?
As a small, independent festival, El Dorado takes pride in the food and drink offerings available on site, providing some of the finest street food, bars and drink vendors to keep you well fed and looked after during your stay with us.
From craft beers and cocktails to ice cream and smoothies, there’s something for everyone at this summer’s event.
Where can I get drinking water?
There are several standpipes that contain free, clean drinking water in the campsites and main arena. Please bring a plastic container that you can refill during the weekend. Bottled water will also be available to purchase at the catering units and bars throughout the site. Please identify yourself with these points and ensure you stay hydrated across the weekend.
Can I bring my own alcohol to El Dorado?
As El Dorado is a small, independent and production heavy event we need bar sales to keep the festival alive, thus we must stipulate a limit on alcohol brought into the campsite. We have a wide selection of beer, cider, wine and cocktails available across the main arena for you to enjoy during the weekend. Please see below on what you can and can’t bring and thank you for your understanding.
Per person, you can bring the following into the campsite:
- EITHER 8 x cans of beer or lager or cider
- OR 1 bottle of wine decanted into a plastic bottle
- Strictly no spirits or hard liquor are permitted
- Searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with
- Any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated
- This alcohol may only be consumed within the campsite
- Sealed bottles of water and soft drinks are allowed, but will be checked on entry to the site. There will be no limit on soft drinks
- No pass-outs or readmission will be permitted for the duration of the festival
- A wide selection of beer, wine and cocktails will be available in the main arena across the weekend
Can I bring my own alcohol and food into the main arena?
No. You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol or food into the main arena at the festival. Bins will be provided at the gates to dispose of any items before entering the main arena.
Will there be vegetarian or vegan options available?
Yes. There will be some vegetarian and vegan options available on site, but if you have very particular food requirements we do recommend you come prepared.
What time can I get breakfast in El Dorado?
The campsite food stalls will be open from 09:00AM, with the Main Arena stalls opening for breakfast from 10:00AM on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a wide range of teas, coffees, smoothies and delicious food to start your day the right way in El Dorado!
El Dorado Festival is held at the Eastnor Deer Park, Ledbury, Herefordshire. The land is woodland, farm land, lakes and some uneven ground.
There is a tarmac road running up to the Main Arena. The Main Arena has a number of small hills inside its perimeter. There is a gravel road that runs around the edge of the Accessible Campsite.
The Accessible Car Park is located near the drop zone, Blue gate route. The ground leading from the accessible car park and campsite to the Main Arena entrance consists of gravel road and grass. The distance is approximately 400 metres. The Main Arena is 300 metres from the main gate to the furthest perimeter edge.
Please note: The weather conditions can dramatically affect the ground conditions, so wherever possible please try to consider what preparations you may need to make and equipment you may need to bring along.
Bookable Access Facilities:
The following access facilities need to be pre-booked using the Access Requirement form, please email email@example.com to receive this. This form and the required evidence must be sent to us once you have purchased a ticket.
- 2 for 1 Tickets for Personal Assistants:
- We provide a 2:1 ticket scheme for individuals who would be unable to attend our events without bringing a personal assistant. Once you have bought a full price ticket, please fill in the access requirement form and provide us with a form of evidence as listed on the form to receive your personal assistant ticket.
- Accessible Camping Wristband:
- On arrival, there will be an Access Information Point where customers can collect further information on access within the festival site. It is also here that additional pre-agreed wristbands can be collected.
- The accessible campsite will be cordoned off from general camping. There will be a number of accessible toilets and showers. Please assist us with planning by letting us know if you intend to use this service when completing the Access Requirement Form.
- Near to the Accessible Campsite there are village services (bar, concessions, information point and welfare).
Facilities we provide in the accessibility campsite:
- Standard showers and toilets
- Fresh water points
- Waste disposal point
- Please note: This campsite is available to customers who are unable to camp in the standard campsites or who need access to specialist facilities we provide.
Live-In Vehicles (Campervans, Caravans)
We have a limited number of accessible live-in vehicle pitches available on a first come first served basis. After you have submitted the accessibility application form (if approved) you will be sent a link to purchase one of these.
Accessible Parking Pass
An Accessible Car Park is located within the Accessible Campsite perimeter. Customers are allowed to park their cars near to their tent in a designated car park, but not directly next to their tent.
Other information related to the site:
- Accessible Toilets
- There will be a number of accessible toilets located on the festival site within the campsite and Main Arena.
- Strobe Lighting
- There will be general warning signs around the Main Arena if strobe lighting will be used. Due to the nature of the artists it is likely that strobe lighting will be used throughout the performances. There will not be a warning immediately before a period of strobe lighting.
- Medical Services
- There will be a First Aid tent located in the Main Arena that will be visible within the Main Arena. There will also be Medics and First Aiders on patrol around the event. You will be able to store medication with the medical team if refrigeration is needed. Please let us know in advance if you will be wishing to store medication here. If you require more information, please get in touch.
- British Sign Language
- We currently do not have this onsite, if this is something you would be interested in please do get in touch and let us know.
- Arrival Guide
- On arrival to site, please head to the gate as described in the information pack, these are broken down into coloured gates. The information pack provided in advance, usually via email, will explain which gate to head to, where to collect your wristband and the location of the access campsite.
- Don’t forget your festival tickets, these will be scanned on arrival and swapped for festival wristbands.
- The car park will open from 09:00AM on Friday 5th July to all weekend ticket holders, with the campsites opening at 12:00PM.
- For any further information on accessibility at El Dorado Festival, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply to be a trader?
Food Trader and Non-Food Trader applications will be open shortly, please check back to find out when.
Can I perform at El Dorado?
If you’re a performer, an artist or creative workshop or a weird and wonderful activity organiser we want to hear from you. Applications will open soon.
Are you recruiting Bar Staff & Stewards?
We will be recruiting for these positions at a later date.
If you’d like to sell tickets to El Dorado Festival 2019 or become an official El Dorado Ambassador, earning your free tickets by selling 6 to your friends email email@example.com
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at El Dorado festival this summer. More information on the application process coming soon.